I'm a typical sports player until class 12, due to some personal reasons I stopped my career in sports. I passes 12th an just go to know about the jee exam, Im really having no basics from my 10th, 11th and 12th, cause of sports And just now I saw jee main paper, couldnt even solve a single problem I'm thinking of taking a drop year and prepare for iit jee, According to you If I dedicate this one year of my life to jee Would I really get into nit or iit anyone literally any iit or nit As I'm very bad in basics, so I should at least give 3 months for my basic from ncert Can i really succeed?

I'm a typical sports player until class
12, due to some personal reasons I stopped my career in sports.
I passes 12th an just go to know about the jee exam, 
Im really having no basics from my 10th, 11th and 12th, cause of sports 
And just now I saw jee main paper, couldnt even solve a single problem 
I'm thinking of taking a drop year and prepare for iit jee, 
According to you If I dedicate this one year of my life to jee
Would I really get into nit or iit anyone literally any iit or nit 
As I'm very bad in basics, so I should at least give 3 months for my basic from ncert
Can i really succeed? 

Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
4 years ago
Dear student

Your worry is very considerable, however you definitely can succeed in achieving a seat in top colleges of your mention. Dedicate as much time for basics as possible but keep up with practice or solving of questions wwhich is the key to success

All the best

Regards
Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago
Dear student 
Life is all about having another chance. 
I think you must try for one or two year, so that you will not rgreat in your life. 
If you fail do not bother , another good thing waiting for you. 
Good Luck 
Yashraj
908 Points
3 years ago
  1. Kinematics - Just study the Projectile Motion (all types) and Relative Motion (1D and 2D). It will help in all sorts.
  2. Friction - Each and every bit is important, Specially the Direction of Friction on Incline.
  3. Heat and Thermodynamics - Most important chapter from class 11th. Questions on Work done and KTG are asked on a regular basis.
  4. Simple Harmonic Motion - Questions based on time period calculations are mostly asked.
  5. Rotational Dynamics - Expect two questions from this part. Angular Momentum and combined translational and rotational motion should be given more weightage.
  6. Current Electricity - The chapter itself is easy and questions on Circuits and Power are mostly expected which are easy always.
  7. Optics - Prism, Lens and mirror are obviously important and then comes topics from Interference, Diffraction and Polarization. One question is sure from here.
  8. Magnetism and EMI - Motion of a charged particle and magnetic field's direction are the two most important topics which one must study thoroughly.
  9. Modern Physics - Complete chapter is important and no part can be skipped from it (theory and numericals)
Yashraj
908 Points
3 years ago

Important Topics:

To know the important topics you need the correct analysis of the previous year paper. Importance of a topic is decided on the basis of number of questions asked in previous year papers from that topic. More the number of questions asked from a topic more will be the importance of the topic. Some of the important topics are Electrodynamics, Mechanics, Modern Physics and SHM & Waves. Out of these topics more than 20 questions are generally asked in the examination. Basic Concepts:

As we all know without knowing the basic concepts, we cannot solve the applied numerical problems in JEE Main Examination 2018. All students should learn the basic concepts of all topics so that they can easily solve any applied problem from any topics in JEE examination 2018.

Chapter Notes:

The notes are very important as we can’t remember the compete syllabus in the examination. This is the one point which can stop you to become the Topper. Students should prepare their own notes which will surely help them to score good marks in examination. The notes should include important topics, concepts, numerical problems and previous year questions Practice more numerical problems: 

As we all know “Practice makes everyone perfect”. Every student should practice more and more numerical questions which will help them to solve numerical problems in JEE Main Examination 2018.

Improve your speed:

Since many questions of Physics questions need a pen and paper to solve, you must practice a lot of questions in every study session. This will help you strengthen your concepts and will make you familiar with a variety of questions asked in the exam. The speed can be increase by practicing more and more sample papers, mock test papers.

. Mathematics Concepts:

Some questions on this section can fairly advance requiring concept of Calculus (from Mathematics syllabus), so make sure you are aware of basic rules of integration and differentiation.

8. Overcome common Mistakes:

It is easy to get overconfident and make mistakes if the question seems easy. Most common mistakes are made in unit system where student ignore the difference between CGS and MKS systems. So, be patient and have the presence of mind while solving the questions.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free