Sir,i got 61.8% in 12th examination,but in pcm i got 54.6%.my uncle and my friend tell me that it is important to get 60% marks in PCM group to appeare IIT-JEE Entrance Examination 2011.IS IT CORRECT FOR IIT-JEE EXAMINATION? Please Inform me Immediately IN DETAILS. THANK U

Sir,i got 61.8% in 12th examination,but in pcm i got 54.6%.my uncle and my friend tell me that it is important to get 60% marks in PCM group to appeare IIT-JEE Entrance Examination 2011.IS IT CORRECT FOR IIT-JEE EXAMINATION? Please Inform me Immediately IN DETAILS.

THANK U

Grade:12

1 Answers

Rahul askIITiansExpert.IITR
110 Points
13 years ago

as u can read in this website: http://jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.htm

Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.
The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling/ admission. In case such a certificate is not provided then the final decision rests with the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2010.
4. Important Points to note

they ask for aggregate marks.

I don't think you will have any problem.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free