I am expecting around 140 marks in AIEE 2010. I am an OP candidate of Tamilnadu State, Will I get a seat in any of the NITs, while going through the previous years opening and CLOSING OF rank ofAIR in one of tHE NITS for mechanical it was around 88000 closing rank what does it mean can u pl clarify

I am expecting around 140 marks in AIEE 2010.
I am an OP candidate of Tamilnadu State, Will I get a seat in any of the NITs, while going through the previous years opening and CLOSING OF rank ofAIR in one of tHE NITS for mechanical it was around 88000 closing rank what does it mean can u pl clarify

Grade:12

1 Answers

Jitender Pal
askIITians Faculty 365 Points
14 years ago

Dear Ganesh,

The approximate figure for the cutoffs of AIEEE are as follows:

Cut off marks

1. Computer science and engineering.            :                 >300

2. Mechanical Engineering.                             :                  >200

3. Aeronautical Engineering.                           :                  >250

4. Civil Engineering.                                        :                  >200

So if you look at these figures then you ight get an idea that each year no. of candidates are increasing due to increament in the level of competition, so that might make you bit tougher to get through the NIT'S.

This year the closing rank can be decreased, now the closing rank means that this paricular rank tell the approximate rank at which the allotment of the particaular branch stops.

for further details you can visit the following link :

http://www.askiitians.com/aieee/AIEEE-2009-cut-offs

askIITians.com provides online iit jee courses and IIT JEE Test Series with IITians. Click here to get free online test series and check your status timely or you can join us as our registered user for getting best iit jee study material or iit jee test series.

Askiitians provide you all the best possible information, feel free to ask.

all the best.

thanks and regards.

Akhilesh Shukla

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free