An aqueous solution consist 1M of each Cl-,Br-,I-,in this solution concertrated AgNO3 soln is added dropwise .Which of the anion will precitate and why,at what min. Conc. Of AgNO3 it will precipitate?

An aqueous solution consist 1M of each Cl-,Br-,I-,in this solution concertrated AgNO3 soln is added dropwise .Which of the anion will precitate and why,at what min. Conc. Of AgNO3 it will precipitate?

Grade:11

1 Answers

john mic
33 Points
6 years ago
If all halides present in same solution then ppt of colour will be difficult for interference.you know reactivity order of halides is I->Br->Cl-But ussualy,All halides give precipitation.But Cl- give white ppt.which is soluble in excess NH4OH .Br- gives pale yellow ppt which is partially soluble in NH4OH.I- gives yellow ppt which is insoluble in NH4OH.The amount of AgNO3 required is depend on how much halides are present.For this you should perform a titration.Suppose Cl- present in good amount so you can use 1(M) AgNO3.if it is huge amount you can use 2(M).But if you want just test it is present or not you can use AgNO3 of any permissible Concentration.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free