Rohit Gandhi Sir, I read in one of your posts that you had used the book "Organic Chemistry" by L. G. Wade, Jr. and you described it as a wonderful book for theory and conceptual understanding. However, did you use it along with the SOLUTIONS MANUAL? Is it necessary? I found some wonderful subjective problems in that book and hence I feel that the book is incomplete without the solutions manual, like many other foreign author books. What do you think? I feel the solutions manual is necessary to check the solutions, as the answers already given are incomplete. If you have the e-book of the SOLUTIONS MANUAL, then please give me the link to download it. Also Sir, are the problems of L. G. Wade, Jr. worth solving? I mean, since the answers are sometimes incomplete... please mention the books from where you solved problems.

Rohit Gandhi Sir, I read in one of your posts that you had used the book "Organic Chemistry" by L. G. Wade, Jr. and you described it as a wonderful book for theory and conceptual understanding. However, did you use it along with the SOLUTIONS MANUAL? Is it necessary? I found some wonderful subjective problems in that book and hence I feel that the book is incomplete without the solutions manual, like many other foreign author books. What do you think? I feel the solutions manual is necessary to check the solutions, as the answers already given are incomplete. If you have the e-book of the SOLUTIONS MANUAL, then please give me the link to download it.

Also Sir, are the problems of L. G. Wade, Jr. worth solving? I mean, since the answers are sometimes incomplete... please mention the books from where you solved problems.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Srikant,

For unsolved problems there are no. of books that you can try out. One of it is OP tandon for organic chemistry. and in RK gupta, you can find some good problems, but the difficulty with rk gupta is some of the problems may be incorrect. So, you have to take care you are correct with the concept while attempting them.

All the best srikant!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

chaitanya pansare
23 Points
14 years ago

morrison boyd can also be helpful,as it provides detailed study of organic chemistry,solomons is the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free