If we take current carrying straight wire of length, say l, and we want to find magnetic field at point p. Using Ampere circuital law along circle(perpendicular to wire and centre lying on the wire), the circulation of magnetic field is µ o i Further, Magnetic field is tangential to this circle every where and also equal. Hence implication by the law is B(2πr)= µ o i B= µ o i\(2πr) where r à radius of circle however if use biot savart law here then we find that B= { µ o i(cosφ 1 -cosφ 2 )}\ 4πr Where φ 1 and φ 2 à angle between line joining point p and ends of wire I am not able to understand what mistake I have committed in applying ampere circuital law here

If we take current carrying straight wire of length, say l, and we want to find magnetic field at point p.

Using Ampere circuital law along circle(perpendicular to wire and centre lying on the wire), the circulation of magnetic field is µoi

Further, Magnetic field is tangential to this circle every where and also equal.

Hence implication by the law is

B(2πr)= µoi

B=  µoi\(2πr)

where r à radius of circle

however if use biot savart law here then we find that

B= {µoi(cosφ1-cosφ2)}\ 4πr

Where φ1 and φ2 à angle between line joining point p and ends of wire  

I am not able to understand what mistake I have committed in applying ampere circuital law here 

Grade:10

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free