Write equations for the following acid base reaction use the information in table 5 to predict whether the equlibrium will favour the reatants or the products .(Table 5 given in the attachment) a CH3OH + NaNH2 b . NaOCH3 + HCN For this problem, I am mainly confused as to how you tell which one is an acid or a base, and which one is the strong or weak acid or base. Some of these compounds are not in the table, so I do not get how you are supposed to tell. Also I do not understand how can we predict by seeing the table that which direction will the reaction favour. Please clear my doubt. (If you cant see the image in the attachment you can open the image in the new tab).

Write equations for the following acid base reaction use the information in table 5 to predict whether the equlibrium will favour the reatants or the products.(Table 5 given in the attachment)

1.    a     CH3OH + NaNH2

b.   NaOCH3 + HCN

For this problem, I am mainly confused as to how you tell which one is an acid or a base, and which one is the strong or weak acid or base. Some of these compounds are not in the table, so I do not get how you are supposed to tell. Also I do not understand how can we predict by seeing the table that which direction will the reaction favour.

Please clear my doubt.

(If you cant see the image in the attachment you can open the image in the new tab).

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago
Dear student 
Question is not clear 
Please attach an image, 
We will happy to  help you 
Good Luck
Cheers