My son is studying in an ISC school. He has opted for English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for his board exam( 12 Std ) in 2017. Is it true that students have to chose minimum five subjects for board examination ? In that case he will not be able to appear for exam and not eligible for admission to IIT ? Sharanya Patil

My son is studying in an ISC school. He has opted for English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for his board exam( 12 Std )  in 2017.  Is it true that students have to chose minimum five subjects for board examination ? In that case  he will not be able to appear for exam and not eligible for admission to IIT ? 
Sharanya Patil

Grade:9

2 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sharanya 
five subjects are nessasary for giving board exams , 
still its for cbse , for icse there are also 5 subjects , how can he be able to take 4 subject , 
english is compulsory for all , and , phy , chemi and maths his choice , and one must be their for 5th optional . 
if he have 4 subject , he will not able to give jee , as per the current criteria . 
jee calculate the percentile as of the following method . 
1- maths ,phy marks are compulsory , within chemi and 5th opt one subject best will be taken . 
2- and eng is compulsory , 
so, he need atleast 5 subject , to appear the jee mains , and advanced , else not elligiblke . 
u can put physical education / music / drawing anything in 5th opt . but it needs to be their in the marksheet . 
ANY FURTHER DOUBT , LET ME KNOW ..
Krishna Bondriya
208 Points
7 years ago
hello sir   
yes it is true that it is necessary to opt five subject in bord it is the  general elegiblity cratieria for jee main  and advanced for more information regarding to this please read information package provided by jee mains on its site  i will   clear allof ur quaries in perfect manner hope for best furture of ur son
IF U LIKE MY ANSWER JUST HIT APPROVE BUTTON
AND MY FRIEND KEEP ASKING FOR FURTHER QUARIES
THANK U

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free