I have appeared for JEE advanced this year. I am getting a score of 130. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IIT or IISER ?

I have appeared for JEE advanced this year. I am getting a score of 130. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IIT or IISER ?

Grade:12th pass

6 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
Hi, Score of 130 is a not a good score for IIT. Note that actual rank depends on the many factors like cutoff, number of students appeared, your category etc.
Isha Mohan
23 Points
8 years ago
Sir the cut off of this year for general category is 124. Do you forsee any good chances for me ?
Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
Actually for you its like very difficult since you are very close to the cutoff. Due to numerber of limitations in the seats, you may find very difficult to secure the position in the IITs.
Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya
521 Points
8 years ago
if  you   belong  to  obc    or  gen   you   have   no  chance    for  iit
   and   IISR    selects   the  top  candidates  of  jee advanced    and    candidate   also  have  to  clear  the cutoff of  the    boards  ACCORDING  TO  IISR         
  BUT  DO  NOT  LOOSE  HOPE     AFTER  COUNCELLING  OF IIT     MAINY  OF  SEATS    WILL BE  LEFT    OF    SOME  LOW  RANKING  BRANCHES      THAT  SEATS   WILL BE  GIVEN  TO  THE  STUDENT   WITH  ANOTHER CUTOFF  DURING   ANOTHER  COUNCELLING   SO  IF   YOUR  CUTOFF   WILL NOT  BE  CLEAR     YOU  SHOULD  WAIT    FOR   CUTOFF   FOR    SECOUND  ROUND  COUNCELLING     THERE  IS  OLY  CASE  YOU  WILL GET   IIT THIS  YEAR    OTHERWISE  IT  IS  NOT THIS  YEAR   FOR  YOU  ….….….….….…...if  you  like  my  advise just click on approve  button  ...and  please type  for any other  quary  if  you  have….….…..
Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya
521 Points
8 years ago
  SORRY   it  is    IISER    not IISR

Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Hello, Your JEE score is not very promising so it does not seem that you will be able to get it there....but no need to lose hope as there is no dearth of good institutes....you just have to find out some reputed institutions dealing with engg and tech education and there you may get admission....you can choose any of these – Maharashtra Inst of Tech, Pune,..............Birla Inst of Tech, Patna,..........JJTU, Jhunjhunu,................Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free