I am getting BITS Goa, DA-IICT, Thapar University, NIT-Hamirpur(chemical only). I am also expecting a rank approx 9000 in JEE Advanced. For preparing i can drop but a good coaching institute is a constraint at my hometown. I cannot go to KOTA. All i can do is prepare at home by myself with Distance learning plus Test series of Fiitjee. What will be the best option for me-joining best college of the above or dropping without professional coaching?

I am getting BITS Goa, DA-IICT, Thapar University, NIT-Hamirpur(chemical only). I am also expecting a rank approx 9000 in JEE Advanced. For preparing i can drop but a good coaching institute is a constraint at my hometown. I cannot go to KOTA. All i can do is prepare at home by myself with Distance learning plus Test series of Fiitjee.
What will be the best option for me-joining best college of the above or dropping without professional coaching?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 181 Points
9 years ago
I don't think you need to drop. It is a really difficult decision and with no surety. You have gor a good rank and even if you donot get into any IITs with a desirable branch, I think you should go for BITS Goa. Or try for any good NIT's.
Thanks and Regards
Apoorva Arora
IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free