(a) A roller coaster goes up a hill then down the other side as shown in the figure. Assuming that point 2 is 10 m above point 1 and point 3 is 15 m below Point 1. i) What is the potential energy at point 2 and point 3 relative to point 1? ii) Determine the kinetic energy of the roller coaster at the bottom of the hill (Point 3) assuming its velocity at the top of the hill (point 2) is zero and it has a mass of 100 kg. (b) A fast bowler bowls a 150 g cricket ball at 42 m/s. i) How much work is done to reach this speed from rest? ii) If the work in (i) is completed in 0.10 s, how much power does the bowler need to generate to deliver the ball at this speed?

(a) A roller coaster goes up a hill then down the other side as shown in the figure. Assuming that point 2 is 10 m above point 1 and point 3 is 15 m below Point 1. i) What is the potential energy at point 2 and point 3 relative to point 1? ii) Determine the kinetic energy of the roller coaster at the bottom of the hill (Point 3) assuming its velocity at the top of the hill (point 2) is zero and it has a mass of 100 kg. (b) A fast bowler bowls a 150 g cricket ball at 42 m/s. i) How much work is done to reach this speed from rest? ii) If the work in (i) is completed in 0.10 s, how much power does the bowler need to generate to deliver the ball at this speed? 

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free