C) 2A
D) 12/5A

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
Thesuperposition theoremstates that in a linear circuit with several sources, the current and voltage for any element in the circuit is the sum of the currents and voltages produced by each source acting independently.

To calculate the contribution of each source independently, all the other sources must be removed and replaced without affecting the final result. When removing a voltage source, its voltage must be set to zero, which is equivalent to replacing the voltage source with a short circuit. When removing a current source, its current must be set to zero, which is equivalent to replacing the current source with an open circuit.

When you sum the contributions from the sources, you should be careful to take their signs into account. It is best to assign a reference direction to each unknown quantity, if it is not already given.

Please calculate using superposition theorem

if the problem persists kindly tell we’ll help you again

Regards
Vikas TU
14149 Points
3 years ago
Dear student 
The above ans has no relation with question.
Apply superposition theorem 
I1 (when 4v is short) = 10/3 ohm , because 2 ohm will be short circuited.
I2 (when 10v is short) = 4/(6/5) , because 2 and 3 ohm will come in parallel. 
I1 + I2 = 10/3 + 10/3 = 20/3 A will be the ans.
Arun
25750 Points
3 years ago
Dear studentThe above ans has no relation with question.Apply superposition theorem I1 (when 4v is short) = 10/3 ohm , because 2 ohm will be short circuited.I2 (when 10v is short) = 4/(6/5) , because 2 and 3 ohm will come in parallel. I1 + I2 = 10/3 + 10/3 = 20/3 AThanks and regards
Ayush_Deep
120 Points
3 years ago
Dear friend don't be confused by different answers .2A will be the right answer. Just see the 2ohm resistance is short circuited as the current would directly flow from the 4V battery so remove the 2ohm resistance.
Now both battery has opposite polarity so net voltage will be 10-4=6V. Now current I=V/R , so I= 6/3 = 2 A.
Second method is to just aplly KVL and write potential of different points you will see that the net potential across 3ohm resistor will be 6V . So, current will be 2A

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free