HETAV PATEL

Grade 11,

I am 30 years old. I have done B. Tech. in IT from Delhi. From my school days I was very underconfident and shy. I used to feel inadequate about myself. But I was brilliant in studies and many times topped my class. Many times during my school and college days I led a lonely life. I didn’t want to do engineering but I had to take admission in an engineering college in Delhi due to parental pressure. When I was in my 4 th year of engineering I suffered from schizophrenia which is a deadly mental disease. I believe the cause of this illness was constant pressure I was facing from life. I failed in my exams. The next one year was torturing due to illness, failed exams, lost friends, loneliness at home and side-effects of medicines. Somehow I cleared my exams next year. With some effort I also got selected in Infosys in off-campus interview. I performed well in Infosys training but after training I could not work a bit. Whenever I sit to work, I just could not do it. There was no motivation and work seemed a burden. I think it was a mental health issue as everyone else was able to work. I also think a healthy person enjoys work which was not in my case. After one year of Infosys, I left medicines and the problem came back. I again became jobless for one and a half year. After that I get a contractual job in a government organization. There also problem in working was there but somehow I struggled and started doing work. This job I left for a small company after one and a half year. Here, due to change in medicines I could not work and was fired in two months. I again became jobless for 6 months. I again took a contractual job in different government organization. Here also some problem in working was there. I used to take lots of leaves and after 9 months my contract was not renewed. Again I became jobless. After 5 months I joined a contractual job for Wipro. It was the first job I could do well. After 3 months I got a permanent job in HCL which I joined. I again left medicines and my illness came back and I was again fired. At present, I am jobless. But on behalf of a counsellor, I started doing some meditations and my life is changing. Now, as my life is coming back on track due to constant practice of meditation, I will like to discuss my future career plans with people here. I want a great career and I am not stressed or depressed as before. I have only 4 years of experience since 2006 due to constant gaps and failing in my B. Tech. I don’t have much practical experience as due to illness, I have not worked as much. I am superb by mind in many fields like logical, analytical, creative and English language. I scored 99.72 percentile in English section in CAT 2008. Please suggest some good career paths for me as my life is again coming on tracks. Should I delay marriage for career for few years and pursue MBA? I am 30 years old right now.

I am 30 years old. I have done B. Tech. in IT from Delhi. From my school days I was very underconfident and shy. I used to feel inadequate about myself. But I was brilliant in studies and many times topped my class. Many times during my school and college days I led a lonely life. I didn’t want to do engineering but I had to take admission in an engineering college in Delhi due to parental pressure.

When I was in my 4th year of engineering I suffered from schizophrenia which is a deadly mental disease. I believe the cause of this illness was constant pressure I was facing from life. I failed in my exams. The next one year was torturing due to illness, failed exams, lost friends, loneliness at home and side-effects of medicines. Somehow I cleared my exams next year. With some effort I also got selected in Infosys in off-campus interview. 

I performed well in Infosys training but after training I could not work a bit. Whenever I sit to work, I just could not do it. There was no motivation and work seemed a burden. I think it was a mental health issue as everyone else was able to work. I also think a healthy person enjoys work which was not in my case. 

After one year of Infosys, I left medicines and the problem came back. I again became jobless for one and a half year. After that I get a contractual job in a government organization. There also problem in working was there but somehow I struggled and started doing work. This job I left for a small company after one and a half year. Here, due to change in medicines I could not work and was fired in two months. I again became jobless for 6 months. 

I again took a contractual job in different government organization. Here also some problem in working was there. I used to take lots of leaves and after 9 months my contract was not renewed. Again I became jobless. After 5 months I joined a contractual job for Wipro. It was the first job I could do well. After 3 months I got a permanent job in HCL which I joined. I again left medicines and my illness came back and I was again fired. At present, I am jobless. But on behalf of a counsellor, I started doing some meditations and my life is changing. 

Now, as my life is coming back on track due to constant practice of meditation, I will like to discuss my future career plans with people here. I want a great career and I am not stressed or depressed as before. I have only 4 years of experience since 2006 due to constant gaps and failing in my B. Tech. I don’t have much practical experience as due to illness, I have not worked as much.

I am superb by mind in many fields like logical, analytical, creative and English language. I scored 99.72 percentile in English section in CAT 2008. Please suggest some good career paths for me as my life is again coming on tracks. Should I delay marriage for career for few years and pursue MBA? I am 30 years old right now.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Shubham Singh
199 Points
8 years ago
i think u should pursue mba as u will get a good job after mba.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free