how to prepare for iit-jee to secure good rank???

how to prepare for iit-jee to secure good rank???

Grade:

1 Answers

Komal
askIITians Faculty 747 Points
8 years ago
1) Try to devote about 5 hours on working days, and about 12 hours on non-working days.
2) The schedule that works best for me is to take afternoon nap for about 2 hours. If you are studying since morning (in school or at home), you tend to be less efficient in the afternoon. Better take a nap, and study late in the night.
3) When you have break from school (autumn break, break before and after preboards), try sleeping fewer hours - for me 6 hours worked fine. My usual schedule involved getting up at 7 am, studying till afternoon, nap from 3 pm to 5 pm, studying from evening till 3 am, and sleeping from 3 am to 7 am.
Don't sleep until late in the morning. Sleep by 2-3 am in the night, so that you don't feel tired the next day.
Change this habit of afternoon nap close to the exam (about one week).
4) Try to utilise school time: CBSE demands 75% attendance. There is no need to have more attendance than that unless you really learn a lot in the classes. You can skip going to school when there are fewer lectures. Utilise free time in school for studying. Don't spend undue time on completing practical files - just complete them in the minimal possible time.
5) Go out for walking / jogging / cycling for 20-30 minutes in the evening, to refresh yourself.

I'd strongly recommend solving questions that appeared in the JEE already.
Take a particular maths book for problems and do it thoroughly(possibly Problems for IIT-JEE, Tata McGraw Hill).
For Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, the 11th and 12th NCERT text books are quite good.
Physical Chemistry : Solve questions from the book by Arihant Publications.

Study hard, Focussed and with self belief and confidence. That is all requried to crack JEE and get the rank under 100.

Once you ge the confidence the 50% exam is won.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free