I got rank 1238 in jee2012.I get btech degree in ece,ee at iitroorkee,dual degree in elec and mech at iitkgp,dualdegree in mech at iitmadras.I heard that dual degree is inferior to btech degree and furthur the placements are not good for the dualdegree and are less compared to btech degree.so now if i opt for mech dual in madras thinking that iitm is best for mech i fall in to a dilemma that dual degree doesnt fetch proper job and the similarily if if i opt for elec dual in iitkgp thinking that kgp is a very old colleg and it had good standards,i fall in to dilomma again that dual degree doesnt fetch proper job.secondly if i think about iitroorkee i.e ee and ece i fall in to confusion that iitroorkee is a nwly formed iit and the faculty may b new and the placements may not b so good compared to old iits.but i am neutral in every thing but my final do is to go for bestplacement yielding college and branch and i am neutral in even ee or ece or mech subjects.FURTHER, Ihave a goal of doing ms in foreign and to do that many say btech is btr and even enough furthur some said that if you want to do ms in us or else where you need not think about placements the only thing you need is knowledge. well now if I switch to roorkee again I end up with the same above dilemma that if i do btech in iitroorkee i may not go up to the standard of getting knowledge enough to go to higher studies in foreign countries because it is nwly formed iit and doesnt have as good standards as othr iits have.so i hav another option now i.e doing dual in iitm or iitkgp and thendoing ms in us.please suggest me which is better choice owing to all my doubts as stated above.further tell me either mech or elec is better in case of placements i.e iitm is better or iitkgp is better for mechdual and elec dual rspctively.please suggest me.

I got rank 1238 in jee2012.I get btech degree in ece,ee at iitroorkee,dual degree in elec and mech at iitkgp,dualdegree in mech at iitmadras.I heard that dual degree is inferior to btech degree and furthur the placements are not good for the dualdegree and are less compared to btech degree.so now if i opt for mech dual in madras thinking that iitm is best for mech i fall in to a dilemma that dual degree doesnt fetch proper job and the similarily if if i opt for elec dual in iitkgp thinking that kgp is a very old colleg and it had good standards,i fall in to dilomma again that dual degree doesnt fetch proper job.secondly if i think about iitroorkee i.e ee and ece i fall in to confusion that iitroorkee is a nwly formed iit and the faculty may b new and the placements may not b so good compared to old iits.but i am neutral in every thing but my final do is to go for bestplacement yielding college and branch and i am neutral in even ee or ece or mech subjects.FURTHER, Ihave a goal of doing ms in foreign and to do that many say btech is btr and even enough furthur some said that if you want to do ms in us or else where you need not think about placements the only thing you need is knowledge. well now if I switch to roorkee again I end up with the same above dilemma that if i do btech in iitroorkee i may not go up to the standard of getting knowledge enough to go to higher studies in foreign countries because it is nwly formed iit and doesnt have as good standards as othr iits have.so i hav another option now i.e doing dual in iitm or iitkgp and thendoing ms in us.please suggest me which is better choice owing to all my doubts as stated above.further tell me either mech or elec is better in case of placements i.e iitm is better or iitkgp is better for mechdual and elec dual rspctively.please suggest me.

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear Bhavani

You should opt for your interested branch rather than college.

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear Bhavani

Dont post the same question again again

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free