Hi, I am a 2010 pass out in ece from IP university delhi, I have been placed through campus placement in infosys with the salary package of 3.5 L p.a, I want to know whether it will be a better decision to join the company or should i wait for 3-4 months and prepare for the GATE exam? (I had a 85 percentile in GATE 2010) What is the average package of an mtech from the iit's? What should i prefer mtech from an iit or infosys or work experience of infosys and then an mba?

Hi,

I am a 2010 pass out in ece from IP university delhi, I have been placed through campus placement in infosys with the salary package of 3.5 L p.a, I want to know whether it will be a better decision to join the company or should i wait for 3-4 months and prepare for the GATE exam? (I had a 85 percentile in GATE 2010) What is the average package of an mtech from the iit's? What should i prefer mtech from an iit or infosys or work experience of infosys and then an mba?

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear Preeti,

As far as i know, If you do Mtech in IIT the jobs that will be offered are the tech core jobs(mostly) , and you may get better companies than Infosys.i feel, Better to do MBA after work experience in infosys.The avergae package will be around 5-6, but it depends on the companies that are coming and the branch you are in.But IIT is a different place and you can learn a lot more than "work experience".So its your call.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

ashim handa handa
33 Points
13 years ago

I WOULD SUGGEST U TO GO FOR GATE EXAM 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free