m getting mech in uiet,chandigarh but it is not recognised by aicte.The students there say that its not that much concern..plzzzz help me should i take power engg at npti or mech at uiet...plzz also let me know their last placements record if you know....

m getting mech in uiet,chandigarh but it is not recognised by aicte.The students there say that its not that much concern..plzzzz help me should i take power engg at npti or mech at uiet...plzz also let me know their last placements record if you know....

Grade:12

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear shivam,

The 4-year B.Tech. (Power Engineering) course being offered by NPTI is the first of its kind in India. The program is directed at the young aspirants who are looking for a bright career in the Power Industry, the backbone off all industrial activities. The program coverage includes the regular inputs generally provided in B.Tech., programs and lays special emphasis on Indian Electricity Act 1956, preparing skilled Engineering Executives for the Power Sector. This course started at Durgapur Institute from financial year 2002-2003 along with other institutes and approved by AICTE and affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT). Admission to this course is open through WBJEE / AIEEE.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free