there is a general question but i want its answer in scientific way , there are 2 cases- (i) there is a guy of weight 60 kg and standing straight to the floor and another guy of 60 kg hold him and then rise him up from the floor. case-(ii) again the same guy of same weight hold him(weight same –60 kg) and rise him again but this time that guy is exerting a force downwards. ---- I want to know that the guy who is rising up the other guy, in which case he has to exert more force to rise him up from the floor. and how? what is science behind this?

there is a general question but i want its answer in scientific way , there are 2 cases- (i) there is a guy of weight 60 kg and standing straight to the floor and another guy of 60 kg  hold him and then rise him up from the floor.
case-(ii) again the same guy of same weight hold him(weight same –60 kg) and rise him again but this time that guy is exerting a force downwards.
---- I want to know that the guy who is rising up the other guy, in which case he has to exert more force to rise him up from the floor.
and how? what is science behind this?

Grade:

1 Answers

Shobhit Varshney IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 33 Points
9 years ago
Dear Student,

In both cases the force required to lift that guy would be equal.
Consider the FBD of the guy to be lifted in both the cases in figure below:
Let the force required to lift the guy be ‘F’, his weight be ‘W’, force exerted by guy on floor be ‘P’ and the reaction from floor be ‘R’

256-1232_shear modulus.jpg

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free