I passed out 12th in 2013 from West Bengal Board with below average marks 62% (83 percentile) , and my goal was to get into an engineering college but I was sure I wouldn’t get it the first time because my fundamentals were very weak, especially chaps from class 11. So I decided to drop a year and prepare for engg exam next year. I took tuitions for Maths and Physics only, I couldn’t find a good tutor for chem and one’s I found were charging more than I could afford. This year I did better than last time in JEE main, and got 80, which is well below cut-off marks. And in WBJEE I thought I did much better than last year, until the results came out today and gave me a shock. My rank 40K+ in wbjee is worse than last year, when I had no prep at all. I don’t know what to do now. I do not want to drop another year, but I want to do M.S/Mtech in cyber security which is not possible without an engg degree.I don’t want to do a job after B.Tech, so should I drop another year and prepare well for it by joining an institute like resonance or pathfinder , or join any local engg. college? Please help!!

I passed out 12th in 2013 from West Bengal Board with below average marks 62% (83 percentile) , and my goal was to get into an engineering college but I was sure I wouldn’t get it the first time because my fundamentals were very weak, especially chaps from class 11. So I decided to drop a year and prepare for engg exam next year. I took tuitions for Maths and Physics only, I couldn’t find a good tutor for chem and one’s I found were charging more than I could afford. This year I did better than last time in JEE main, and got 80, which is well below cut-off marks. And in WBJEE I thought I did much better than last year, until the results came out today and gave me a shock. My rank 40K+ in wbjee is worse than last year, when I had no prep at all. I don’t know what to do now.
I do not want to drop another year, but I want to do M.S/Mtech in cyber security which is not possible without an engg degree.I don’t want to do a job after B.Tech, so should I drop another year and prepare well for it by joining an institute like resonance or pathfinder , or join any local engg. college?  Please help!! 

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Sher Mohammad IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 174 Points
9 years ago
You should join college now, and do hardwork their, and try to get good cgpa in your college.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free