A bus starts moving with acceleration 2 metre per second square a cyclist 96 M behind the bus start simultaneously towards the bus at 20 m per second after what time will he be able to overtake the busAnswer is 8But i want to confirm that , is my explanation correct on rejection of t=12sec Explaination= here if we calculate with respect to the bus then the cyclist is moving with a speed of 20 m per second and with a retardation of 2 metre per second square no here if we calculate the final velocity after 8 seconds it comes out to be + 4 which means the cyclist can overtake as he is moving in his original directionBut after 12 seconds The Final speed of cyclist is minus 4 which means that he has cover the same distance as that of the bus but he is moving in opposite of original direction so he can never overtake the bus in this case

A bus starts moving with acceleration 2 metre per second square a cyclist 96 M behind the bus start simultaneously towards the bus at 20 m per second after what time will he be able to overtake the busAnswer is 8But i want to confirm that , is my explanation correct on rejection of t=12sec Explaination= here if we calculate with respect to the bus then the cyclist is moving with a speed of 20 m per second and with a retardation of 2 metre per second square no here if we calculate the final velocity after 8 seconds it comes out to be + 4 which means the cyclist can overtake as he is moving in his original directionBut after 12 seconds The Final speed of cyclist is minus 4 which means that he has cover the same distance as that of the bus but he is moving in opposite of original direction so he can never overtake the bus in this case

Grade:

1 Answers

Sandeep Bhamoo
443 Points
5 years ago
Good job !! so finally you understood it. keep approving my replies i assure you you to help you always.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free