How to start preparing for JEE from 10th. I really want to Clear JEE and choose Computer Science and I really wish to do it anyhow. I will do every efforts from now , I just need a path , a guide so I don't waste my time and I Get some quality information . please help me

How to start preparing for JEE from 10th.

I really want to Clear JEE and choose Computer Science and I really wish to do it anyhow.

I will do every efforts from now , I just need a path , a guide so I don't waste my time and I Get some quality information . please help me

Grade:9

3 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
3 years ago
Dear, To built any structure, base foundation is very important.
Without base foundation the structure can't be strong enough.
It's a good thing that you have already decided that what you will you in your future.But it's not easy.For your preparation two things are very important FOCUS and DETERMINATION. Because without focus and determination it is impossible to achieve any goal.Thses two will definitely help you in your preparation.
Your are in class 10 so it's very important that you should also focus on you class 10 studies. Because class 10 studies help you in your basic concepts. Without basic concepts it is impossible to pass any exam.

What should not be done during preparation?
Never ever lose hope and confidence. Remember consistency is the key and you take small steps but strong steps.
Do not miss class. It costs a lot. Finish your work what your are supposed to d0 (finish you DPP, or complete an exercise, review of something taught in class) and then go to sleep.
Do not take any exam lightly. Give your best.
Do not waste time. It will never come back.
Do not forget to do as much you can previous year papers of IIT JEE. It will give you a idea of how you are going to be asked.

Thanks

Yashraj
908 Points
3 years ago
  1. Practice previous year questions many times..
  2. Appear for a test series and analyse it properly (Giving 2–3 hours)
  3. Revise your notes multiple times till they enter your soul :)
  4. Find your strong points and chapters, work on them..
  5. Solve other people’s doubts. It makes your own concepts very clear
Sowmiya
59 Points
2 years ago

How many hours should I study ?

Some of you out there must be toppers of your class or among the top 10% of your class. But that is just a performance in your class or best at a school level. It means till now you have been competing among a small student base of 50 – 1000 students.

But once you start preparing for IITJEE or AIEEE entrance, the competition is huge. This year in 2015, over 2 lakh students appeared in IITJEE and over 12 lakh in AIEEE. So my advice is that you seriously need to scale up your efforts to face the competition.

Are you ready to face these challenges?

You need to prepare yourself mentally as well as physically to face this competition.Mentally, you need to think wide when you think of competition you are facing. So don’t get defocused and remember that you have to compete with unknowns so you have to put your all efforts in it to excel.

May you have scored well in your school level examinations by not even spending 20 hours on studies at home but this is not going to be enough with such a huge competition. You need to scale up your efforts and set a target of 50-55 hours studies at home every week and you have to do scale up step by step.

It also true that you are not going to get start studying for 9-10 hours suddenly its require proper strategy.

• For the first week you try to cut down your times which you are spending in other works by 2 to 3 hours
  • Next week cut down your times which you are spending in other works again by 2 to 3 hours
  • You cannot start studying 1o hours a day suddenly where as earlier you are studying for 3 to 4 hours
  • Try to do same as earlier, Increase your study time from 3-4 to 6-7 hours and in next week or after 2 weeks scale up to 9 to 10 hours.

How you study for these hours?

You have to study with full concentration, no disturbance, and continuously for 3 hour sessions. The idea is to simulate real exam conditions. While studying, you have to create an atmosphere as if you are sitting in exam. Avoid doing following during a 3 hours session:

• Study on a desk if you have it at home. Avoid studying while lying down on a bed.
  • Don’t get up from your desk during 3 hours of study session. Even not for drinking water.
  • Don’t listen music during studies. If you have a habit, then slowly come out of it by reducing it day by day.
  • No phone calls and no SMS during studies.
  • Things you should not do during JEE preparation!

Remember that for next 2 years you have to give your best to get admission in a good college. So to take out 55 hours every week, you need to sacrifice some of your time sucking activities.

If you are involved in any of the following activities mentioned below, I suggest you should stop it immediately:

• Don't socialize too much:-Avoid too much talking on phone with your friends. Not more than -30 minutes every day. Keep yourself away from family discussions and don’t get into arguments with parents and brothers/sisters because it will only wastes your time and energy. Be selfish to focus on your career.
  • Don't spend long hours on TV, Internet and playing games:- If you are too much into TV, cut down immediately. Don’t spend more than 1 hour in front of TV every day.
  • Internet is the biggest addiction of all time. Real time sucker. Don’t sit on computer for more than 1 hour unless as their any study need.

• Don't play outdoor sports:-Those who are playing physical games a lot should reduce them. These games are very tiring. If you are physically tired, you would not be able to concentrate on studies. I suggest evening walk or light exercise either in the morning or evening.
  • Don't study late night:- Those who study late nights, sleep whole day. This is a bad schedule. If you don’t sleep well in the night, you will feel sleepy in school and in your coaching classes. So best is you should sleep for 7 hours any time between 10 PM to 9 AM. Those who don’t get study atmosphere at home in the day time, in worst case they should study till 2.00 AM and get up at 9.00 AM.
  • Don't sleep for long or two short sleep hours:-You should target for 7 hours sleep every day. Also avoid day time sleeping for more than 90 minutes.Those you could manage to sleep less, I would not recommend a sleep of less than 5-6 hours. If body is tired, mind cannot function properly.
  • Don'ts go to school daily:-I suggest that if possible, go to school not more than 4 times a week. School studies are not going to play important role in your career at this stage. Even school studies should be done just before the exams say 1-2 weeks before exams.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free