I have got 850 AIR in IIT Advanced. i am confused if i should go for CS, then the possible options are Guawhati or BHU ? which one to choose. Alternatively, i was considering IIT K maths and computing but they are giving the degree of BS. I may face in pursuing higher engineering studies in India or abroad because BS will not be considered as engineering degree. need your help

I have got 850 AIR in IIT Advanced. i am confused if i should go for CS, then the possible options are Guawhati or BHU ? which one to choose.

Alternatively, i was considering IIT K maths and computing but they are giving the degree of BS. I may face in pursuing higher engineering studies in India or abroad because BS will not be considered as engineering degree. need your help

Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
Dont go for maths and computing at IITK. Take the CS branch whicher is nearer to your home town as both the institutes (Guwahati and BHU) are having excellent placement record for CS branch. Also please note that guwahati is more preferred then BHU.
Pradeep Mangal
10 Points
8 years ago
 I have been further advised that i should choose for good IIT rather the branch but in goold old 5 IIT i am not getting the CS branch. what should i do. should i give preference to Branch or Institute.
Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
In older IITs branchs other then CS also have the good record. Try to prefer older IITs only. Thanks.
praveen singh
22 Points
8 years ago
you should prefer for iit guwahati cse or iit bhu cse rather than iitk mathematics and computing. because cse students get good  placemants. And u r getting b.tech. degree in this.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free