HETAV PATEL

Grade 11,

Match the following with related to lac operon Column – I Column – II A) y gene I) β–galactoaidase B) z gene II) Permease C) a gene III) Repressor protein D) i gene IV) Transacetylase

Match the following with related to lac operon

Column – I                  Column – II

A) y gene                    I) β–galactoaidase

B) z gene                     II) Permease

C) a gene                     III) Repressor protein

D) i gene                     IV) Transacetylase

Grade:12

3 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
In lac operon
i gene - Repressor
z gene -ββ- galactosidase
y gene - Permease
a gene - Transacetylase.

Regards
Arun
25750 Points
3 years ago
Dear student

In lac operon
i gene - Repressor
z gene - ββ- galactosidase
y gene - Permease
a gene - Transacetylase.
So, the correct answer is '(a)-(iii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iv), (d)-(ii)'
Vikas TU
14149 Points
3 years ago
The LacI gene is a regulatory gene that codes for the lactose-inducible lac operon transcriptional repressor. In other words, it codes for the respressor of te Lac-operon. LacI is always transcribed. When the repressor binds to the operator, the Lac genes can't be transcribed.
The lacZ gene encodes an enzyme called β-galactosidase, which is responsible for splitting lactose (a disaccharide) into readily usable glucose and galactose (monosaccharides). The lacY gene encodes a membrane protein called lactose permease, which is a transmembrane "pump" that allows the cell to import lactose.
The operon model of prokaryotic gene regulation was proposed by Fancois Jacob and Jacques Monod. ... The regulator gene codes for a repressor protein that binds to the operator, obstructing the promoter (thus, transcription) of the structural genes. The regulator does not have to be adjacent to other genes in the operon.
cAMP binds to the CRP, decreasing its affinity for a DNA site near the promoter. cAMP binds to the Lac repressor, decreasing its affinity for a DNA site near the promoter. cAMP binds to the Lac repressor, increasing its affinity for a DNA site near the promoter.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free