Please help to clarify, it is still confusing and many different people given conflicting opinions. 1. What is the use of the state rank? Should we be using the state rank to apply to our own state's NIT ? 2. When we check the past open and close ranks, the state ranks are listed - does that mean if we want to get into our state NIT, we should only look at our state ranks?? 3. I belong to Maharashtra state and my state rank is 8956 open and 6522 cat ranking. On checking the ccb website I see that for VNIT, nagpur at round 3-4, the state ranks of 7000 - 9000 have got it. Does this mean I have a good hope of getting into VNIT with my ranking?? Please reply and clarify, many of my friends have the same qtns. Thanks in advance!!!!

Please help to clarify, it is still confusing and many different people given conflicting opinions.

1. What is the use of the state rank? Should we be using the state rank to apply to our own state's NIT ?

2. When we check the past open and close ranks, the state ranks are listed - does that mean if we want to get into our state NIT, we should only look at our state ranks?? 

3. I belong to Maharashtra state and my state rank is 8956 open and 6522 cat ranking. On checking the ccb website I see that for VNIT, nagpur at round 3-4, the state ranks of 7000 - 9000 have got it. 
Does this mean I have a good hope of getting into VNIT with my ranking??

Please reply and clarify, many of my friends have the same qtns. Thanks in advance!!!! 

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
12 years ago

Dear Sowmya,

All admissions are on the basis of all india rank and there is no use of state rank.

Best Of luck

Plz Approve the answer...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and winexciting gifts by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple click here to download the toolbar….
So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free