Morocco chooses the gold casket...what message does the scroll inside it contain?

Morocco chooses the gold casket...what message does the scroll inside it contain?

Grade:9

2 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
4 years ago
The first casket is gold and reads, “Who chooseth me shall gain what many men desire.” The Prince of Morocco chooses the gold box. Inside he finds “A carrion Death, within whose empty eye / There is a written scroll!” The scroll chastises him for being tempted by gold: “All that glitters is not gold; / Often have you heard that told.” It says many men have given their lives for gold, but, no matter how rich, everyone dies.
The second is silver, and says, “Who chooseth me shall get as much as he deserves.” This box, which the Prince of Arragon selects, contains “the portrait of a blinking idiot” and a note about why this is what he deserves. Silver, like gold, is “but a shadow’s bliss.” The third casket is lead. Its inscription warns, “Who chooseth me must give and hazard all he hath.” Bassanio correctly chooses this case, which contains Portia’s portrait. The scroll congratulates him for choosing “not by the view.” Lead might be ugly, but appearances are not important..
hope it helped

Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago
Dear student 
Morocco choose the gold casket because of how he interprets the inscription inside it. The inscription says: Who chooseth me, shall gain what many men desire. Morocco believes this means that in picking the gold casket, he will gain Portia, because he believes she is desirable to many men.
Good Luck 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free