Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The image is attached within, it is a problem of genetics, do help me to solve it out...

The image is attached within, it is a problem of genetics, do help me to solve it out...

Question Image
Grade:12

2 Answers

Arun
25763 Points
3 years ago
Dear student,
Please find below the solution to the asked query
The correct option is a).

Let the allele for red colour be represented by R and the allele for white colour by r.

1. The possible genotype of plant is RR and rr. When RR is crossed with rr, the F1 phenotypic ratio will be all red (Rr). When F1 individuals are selfed i.e Rr x Rr, the F2 ratio will be 3:1 (60: 20). 
2. Now, when heterozygous (Rr) red flowered plant are crossed. Again the same cross i.e Rr x Rr, the ratio will be 3:1 (72: 24 among the given options). {because 72:24 = 3:1).

Simran Vinaik
askIITians Faculty 1231 Points
3 years ago
Ans is 1) 72:24 3:1 ratio
It is simple monohybrid cross. It says heterozygous red plants, indicating that red is dominant over white.
On crossing heterozygous Rr * Rr, the red coloured offsprings will be have 75% probability and White coloured flowers will have 25% probability.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free