The attached que is of genetics do help me to solve it out....

The attached que is of genetics do help me to solve it out....

Question Image
Grade:12

2 Answers

Simran Vinaik
askIITians Faculty 1230 Points
5 years ago
This is an experiment done by Carl Corren’s in which he crossed female flowers from GREEN, PALE, VAREIGATED BRANCHES with pollens obtained from GREEN, PALE, VAREIGATED branches in all combination as showed in picture below.

554-123_carl correns- inheritance of mitochondrial DNA.PNG

If you observe the progeny you can see the seeds from green branches always gave rise to green progeny, no matter whether the pollen was from a green, white, or variegated branch. Similarly, flowers on white branches always produced white progeny. Flowers on the variegated branches gave rise to green, white, and variegated progeny, in no particular ratio.Crosses demonstrated cytoplasmic inheritance/ mitochondrial DNA Inheritance of variegation in the four-o’clocks. The phenotypes of the offspring were determined entirely by the maternal parent, never by the paternal parent (the source of the pollen).

Innermost circle is female parent when crossed with pollen in middle circle and you get offsprings in outermost circle. Offsprings colour depends on female parent entirely.

I hope you understood!!!
Radha Shukla
178 Points
5 years ago
This question is of cytoplasmic inheritance so just by seeing the offspring and female parent will be same..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free