In sponges food is ingested by: A. Seleroblasts B. Porocytes C. Choanocytes D. Pinacocytes

In sponges food is ingested by:
A. Seleroblasts
B. Porocytes
C. Choanocytes
D. Pinacocytes

Grade:12th pass

7 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
4 years ago

Dear student

in sponges, food is ingested by Choanocytes.

Hence option C is correct.

In case of any query, Please feel free to ask.

Regards
Arun
Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago
Dear student 
Choanocytes (also known as "collar cells"), flagellated cells which function as the sponge's digestive system, are remarkably similar to the protistan choanoflagellates. The collars are composed of microvilli and are used to filter particles out of the water. The beating of the choanocytes’ flagella creates the sponge’s water current.
I think C is the correct option , 
Hope this explanation help you 
Good luck 
Sanjai
50 Points
4 years ago
In sponges Choanocytes have flagella which directs a water current or channel the food in the central cavity .
MANTHAN RAO
46 Points
3 years ago
ANSWER)
CHOANOCYTES
EXPLAINATION)
  • In sponges Choanocytes have flagella which directs a water current or channel the food in the central cavity 

• in sponges, food is ingested by Choanocytes.

• Hence option C is correct.
HARSHVARDHAN GAUR
17 Points
3 years ago
dear student,
choanocyte have flagella which helps the sponges to direct water current in the body cavity  
so coreect option is {c} which is choanocyte 
thanks 
I hope it will be helpful 
Pooja
17 Points
3 years ago
In sponges food is trapped as water passes through the ostia and out through the osculum. Bacteria smaller than 0.5 microns in size are trapped by choanocytes, which are the principal cells engaged in feeding, and are ingested by phagocytosis
Choanocytes are cells that line the interior of asconoid, syconoid and leuconoid body type sponges that contain a central flagellum, or cilium, surrounded by a collar of microvilli which are connected by a thin membrane. They make up Choanoderm, a type of cell layer found in sponges
RISHIKA
550 Points
3 years ago
DEAR FRIEND
My Answer is: In sponges food is ingested by Porocytes.
Explanation: Sponges belong to phylum Porifera, means pore bearers.
thank u

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free