What is Malus Law defination...............................?

What is Malus Law defination...............................?

Grade:12

8 Answers

vamshi
199 Points
8 years ago
Malus Law:
The intensity of polarized light transmitted through the analyzer varies as the square of the
cosine of the angle between the plane of transmission of the polarizer and analyzer.
I = I0cos2θ Where θ is the angle between the axis of the polarizer and analyzer.

SAI SARDAR
1700 Points
8 years ago
the law stating that the intensity of a beam of plane-polarized light after passing through a rotatable polarizer varies as the square of the cosine of the angle through which the polarizer is rotated from the position that gives maximum intensity. Expand. Also called law of Malus, Malus cosine-squared law.
SHANMUKESHWAR
461 Points
8 years ago
the law stating that the intensity of a beam of plane-polarized light after passing through a rotatable polarizer varies as the square of the cosine of the angle through which the polarizer is rotated from the position that gives maximum intensity. Expand. Also called law of Malus, Malus cosine-squared law.
KUNCHAM SAMPATH
402 Points
8 years ago
Definition of MALUS' LAW: Expression giving the intensity / of the transmitted beam when a plane-polarized beam of light is incident on a polarizer: I=I0 cos20, 
aniket jha
23 Points
6 years ago
where I0 is the intensity of the polarized light after passing through p1.I=I0cos20
E.Nandhini ketha
115 Points
6 years ago
The intensity of a beam of plane-polarized light after passing through a rotatable polarizer varies as the square of the cosine of the angle through which the polarizer is rotated from the position that gives maximum intensity.
Prafull Ranjan
13 Points
5 years ago
Malus law states that the intensity of polarised light(wave)  after passing through analysers is squre of cosine of angle between polariser and analyser multiply by the original intensity.
 I.e I=IoCOS^2(thita)
Arpit malik
15 Points
5 years ago
When a completely plane-polarised light beam from a polariser is incident on an analyser the intensity of light emerging from analyser varies as square of the cosine of the angle between the planes of transmission of analyser and the polariser.  

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free