The theory of sound wave,i'm not getting properly.i referred many books.as said in the books,if we consider a long pipe filled with air.and a moving piston.if we move the piston rightward the compression occurs on the rightward molecules.and then when we r pulling out the piston the compressed particles get back to the left.here how the pressure change is moving rightward?pls analyse.and if possible suggest me some good books for the crystal clarity of my concepts in physics except halliday resnick,hc verma,ncert.thank u

The theory of sound wave,i'm not getting properly.i referred many books.as said in the books,if we consider a long pipe filled with air.and a moving piston.if we move the piston rightward the compression occurs on the rightward molecules.and then when we r pulling out the piston the compressed particles get back to the left.here how the pressure change is moving rightward?pls analyse.and if possible suggest me some good books for the crystal clarity of my concepts in physics except halliday resnick,hc verma,ncert.thank u

Grade:12

3 Answers

Jaya IITK
207 Points
12 years ago

if molecules are closely packed together pressure increases and if it is released then pressure decreases..

If one layer of molecules is compressed pressure is created there and when it is released then it presses adjoining layer thus which in turn compresses the next layer..

it  goes so on and pressure is transmitted

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls approve my answer by clicking on yes below!!!!!!!!!

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear vijay kumar pandey,

I recommend this book for complete concept clearance but remember thta this is for only reference for concept clarification !

The Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By R.P. Feynman (Very nice book, all the fundamentals are well emphasized.)

Get your doubts very well cleared from this book !!

All the Best & Good Luck !!

Hope this helped you..!

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below..!Smile

Ashwin Sinha
520 Points
12 years ago

Dear Vijay Kumar Pandey,

I will suggest you to follow the following book----  The Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By R.P. Feynman

It's a good book, which will clear all your doubts!!!!!!

Plz. approve my answer!!!!!! Don't forget!!!!! Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!!!!!Smile

Best Of Luck!!!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free