i hav secured air 6912 cat.5912 delhi 760 can i get adm in comp. sc. in any of the above colleges. if yes in what round approx. if not than pl. suggest any of these nit jal. pec,chd, nit kuru. thapar,patiala .

i hav secured air 6912  cat.5912 delhi 760 can i get adm in comp. sc. in any of the above colleges. if yes in what round approx.

if not than pl. suggest any of these  nit jal. pec,chd, nit kuru. thapar,patiala .

Grade:9

11 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear Lakshay

Yes you may get admission in both of the college in 1st round.

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

RAGHU babu
119 Points
11 years ago

Chances are there

Do u approve my  answer

Rajeev Kumar
11 Points
11 years ago

First of all congrats Lakshay for getting good rank. You will surely get COE in DTU but in last round. last year COE cut off at DTU was 7042. U must fill at lease top 6 streams in ur choices and take admission at DTU in first list itself in which ever stream u get admission, dont worry u will be automatically updated

lakshay duggal
16 Points
11 years ago

dear rajiv      THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER BUT WILL U PLEASE GIVE LOGIC OF GETTING ADMISSION IN ANY STREAM AND UPDATION LATER ON.    WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE OF UPGRADATION . WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THEY DO NOT SHIFT ME TO MY CHOICE.

Rajeev Kumar
11 Points
11 years ago

Dear Lakshay, by taking admission in any branch, u will secure ur admission in DTU, and its must to take admission, if u get your name in list, if u dont take admission, ur admission will be forfeited and u will not be entitled for further rounds.

Upgradation is automatic process, u will be automatically updated as per ur choices on the basis of vacancy, until u got upgrded to 1st choice branch. U had great chance of admission to CSE and at worst ECE is sure shot. Please note updation is made upto 31st December and also note syllabus is same in all branches in 1ss smester.

I will suggest u to fill choices as:

CSE

ECE

EEE

MECHANICAL

IT

ELECTRICAL

SOFTWARE

CIVIL

lakshay duggal
16 Points
11 years ago

DEAR RAJIV ,

YOUR SUGGESTION SEEMS LOGICAL BUT I HAV A QUERRY.   HOW MANY ROUNDS WILL BE CALLED?

IF I DO NOT GET CHANCE IN IST ROUND FOR MY STREAM  AND INSTEAD I TAKE ADMISSION IN ANY OTHER BRANCH  AND LATER ON IN ANY OTHER ROUND  MY RANK IS COVERED UNDER COMP. SC. WILL THEY ALLOW ME TO SHIFT IMMEDIATELY TO MY DESIRED BRANCH ?    IF NOT   THAN WHY I SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR THE 3RD OR 4TH ROUND TO GET MY STREAM ?

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO EASE MY TENTION.

THANKS,

LAKSHAY DUGGAL

lakshay duggal
16 Points
11 years ago

dear rajiv    

if u have knowledge pl. tell me .    if i take admission in the first round in the stream offered by college  and later on in last round if my rank is offered comp.sc   can i take it after getting admission in any other stream.

Rajeev Kumar
11 Points
11 years ago

Mr. Lakshaya you have to take into consideration the following important points: -

1. Allotment of streams are made purely on your rank and order of choices made by you.

2. You have no other choice to take admission in stream once allotted to you, otherwisw your admission will be forfeited and you will not be eligible for further seat allotment. If you dont want to take admission in lower stream restrict your choices upto top 4 streams only (CSE, ECE, EEE & MECHANICAL).

Please note out of Rs. 48000 fees paid by you, except Rs. 1000/- all is refundable if u withdraw admission before 20th July.

3. Most importantly upgradation of stream is totally automatic computerised system and u will be automatically updated to next upper branch on the basis of ur rank and cut off, untill u get your first preference branch. There is 0% chance of any error.

Further I will suggest you that if you are interested in ECE, U can go to NSIT, its ECE is far better than DTU and its one of the top prefered after IITs. 

lakshay duggal
16 Points
11 years ago

bro  millions of thnx for attending my querries.    but im interested in comp. sc and not in ece.   pl. suggest if i do not get comp. sc. here which are gud alternative nits.   secondly what is the status of nit delhi which is recently opened by warangal

U HAVE MENTIONED IF I TAKE ADMISSION IN LOWER STREAM I SHALL AUTOMATICALLY BE UPGRADED ON THE BASIS OF MY RANK.  IS THAT MEAN IF MY RANK IS COVERED IN 2ND,3RD OR 4TH ROUND  FOR COMP. SC. WILL THEY AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFER ME TO MY DESIRED STREAM.

Rajeev Kumar
11 Points
11 years ago

yes dear if ur ranks come in the range u will be 100% updated to CSE even by December end. But if u dont want to take any risk at all and want CSE only u can opt for NIT- Kurukshetra, it is also good college but not upto the mark of DTU (Chances are less becuase for non- haryana person 50% seats are there). YMCA, Faridabad is also good college. these 2 colleges are far better than NIT- JAL, PEC, THAPAR.

lakshay duggal
16 Points
11 years ago

fantastic   thnx a lot once again

bye for now , shall definately revert back to you after the admissions. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free