I’m getting confused in deciding the stability order. Please help me.

I’m getting confused in deciding the stability order. Please help me.

Question Image
Grade:12

3 Answers

Vaibhav Gupta
73 Points
8 years ago
find the bond order of compound
more the bond order, more stable is compound
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
see the question is for a carbanion. a carbanion has negative charge and is a reaction intermidiate. we know that NO2 shows very strong -R effect, i.e pulls the electrons towards itself through resonance, therefore the negative charge on carbanion gets reduced which increases the stability. -R effect is strongest in ortho position followed by para position, then meta, and finally the compound having no -R, so the order is I>III>II>IV . please feel free to ask if you have any more doubts and please approve if you like the answer :)
SHAIK HAFEEZUL KAREEM
109 Points
8 years ago
see the question is for a carbanion. a carbanion has negative charge and is a reaction intermidiate. we know that NO2 shows very strong -R effect, i.e pulls the electrons towards itself through resonance, therefore the negative charge on carbanion gets reduced which increases the stability. -R effect is strongest in ortho position followed by para position, then meta, and finally the compound having no -R, so the order is I>III>II>IV . please feel free to ask if you have any more doubts and please approve if you like the answer

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free