Well, I don't know if it is the right place to ask this Question. But Please answer me. I'm studying relativity these days ( just for fun, getting an idea, since iit , vit and aieee are now over ) Just gone through the Barn Pole paradox. Fascinating it was. The basic point it explains is that every event occurs with a time difference and not simultaneously. If that is true please help me with this : When a ray of light reaches a mirror, it is reflected back. Now we know that this process is not simultaneous. So this means, that first the ray of light strikes the mirror, then it slows down to zero speed and then changes it's direction and then acquires it's speed again. But is it not contradictory to the fact that speed of light is always constant. Please help experts, or any other who have fair amount of knowledge of relativity.

Well, I don't know if it is the right place to ask this Question. But Please answer me. I'm studying relativity these days ( just for fun, getting an idea, since iit , vit and aieee are now over ) Just gone through the Barn Pole paradox. Fascinating it was. The basic point it explains is that every event occurs with a time difference and not simultaneously. If that is true please help me with this :

When a ray of light reaches a mirror, it is reflected back. Now we know that this process is not simultaneous. So this means, that first the ray of light strikes the mirror, then it slows down to zero speed and then changes it's direction and then acquires it's speed again. But is it not contradictory to the fact that speed of light is always constant.

Please help experts, or any other who have fair amount of knowledge of relativity.

Grade:10

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free