why tension is not a self adjusting force ?and what are the factors that tension depends on ?

why tension is not a self adjusting force ?and what are the factors that tension depends on ?

Grade:11

2 Answers

chandrika
39 Points
10 years ago
1) If forces are equal and opposite on a massless string as shown in the figure then tension T is equal to either of the two forces, i.e. ... Remember static friction is a self adjusting force. If a body is at rest and not being pulled, force of friction is zero. 2) The forces that generally appear in the equilibrium problems are weight, tension, compression, normal force and frictional ... tension is self-adjusting and it can increase upto a certain limit, beyond which string breaks. In a weightless string, under equilibrium, the tension is same throughout, but it is not so in other cases.
chandrika
39 Points
10 years ago
1) If forces are equal and opposite on a massless string as shown in the figure then tension T is equal to either of the two forces, i.e. ... Remember static friction is a self adjusting force. If a body is at rest and not being pulled, force of friction is zero. 2) The forces that generally appear in the equilibrium problems are weight, tension, compression, normal force and frictional ... tension is self-adjusting and it can increase upto a certain limit, beyond which string breaks. In a weightless string, under equilibrium, the tension is same throughout, but it is not so in other cases. AND 1) If forces are equal and opposite on a massless string as shown in the figure then tension T is equal to either of the two forces, i.e. ... Remember static friction is a self adjusting force. If a body is at rest and not being pulled, force of friction is zero. 2) The forces that generally appear in the equilibrium problems are weight, tension, compression, normal force and frictional ... tension is self-adjusting and it can increase upto a certain limit, beyond which string breaks. In a weightless string, under equilibrium, the tension is same throughout, but it is not so in other cases. AND The factors which affects the surface tension are: 1- Temperature 2- Surface Area 3- External Pressure 4- Viscosity 5- Concentration 6- Intermolecular Forces

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free