A disc of mass m and radius R is attached to a rectangular plate of the same mass breadth R and length 2R . Find moment of inertia of this system about diameter of of disc.They are attached about thier ends. the disc is attached about rectangle length . Please show the steps

A disc of mass m and radius R is attached to a rectangular plate of the same mass breadth R and length 2R . Find moment of inertia of this system about diameter of of disc.They are attached about thier ends. the disc is attached about rectangle length . Please show the steps

Grade:11

1 Answers

Dhruv Pasricha
24 Points
7 years ago
You must be knowing that,Moment of inertia of rectangle of breadth’R’ through the axis passing through the centre of rectangle and parallel to the diameter of the Circle is MR^2/12 and using Parallel axis theorem[I(cm)+Mr^2=I] We can find Moment of inertia of rectangular plate along the axis passing through the center of the circular disc which would be equal to I=28MR^2/12[I=MR^2/12 + 9MR^2/4].And moment of inertia of circular disc along its diameter isI’=MR^2/4.So submission of and I' will give the moment of inertia of the system which would be the answer.[31MR^2/12]

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free