a sphere of radius R touches two adjacent sides of a room.it also touches an inclined plane at a height of R/5 from the floor.the inclined plane moves towards the sphere at the speed of 40m/s.find the speed at which the sphere moves up. VERY INTERESTING QUESTION.I SOLVED IT.LETS SEE HOW MANY CORRECT REPLIES I GET??

a sphere of radius R touches two adjacent sides of a room.it also touches an inclined plane at a height of R/5 from the floor.the inclined plane moves towards the sphere at the speed of 40m/s.find the speed at which the sphere moves up.
VERY INTERESTING QUESTION.I SOLVED IT.LETS SEE HOW MANY CORRECT REPLIES I GET??

Grade:11

6 Answers

Akash Kumar Dutta
98 Points
11 years ago

sorry a little mistake in the question.

the sphere touches one side of the room,the floor and the inclined plane at a height of r/5 from the floor,

now find the speed at which the sphere moves up if the speed at which inclined plane moves towards the sphere is 40m/s.

Rishabh Maggirwar
19 Points
11 years ago

Dear Akash,

Can you post the image if you can please.

Waiting for reply,

Rishabh xii

Abhijeeth B
17 Points
11 years ago

30m/s

Akash Kumar Dutta
98 Points
11 years ago

858_79986_q1.jpg

Shivam Dimri
43 Points
11 years ago

i applied constraint realtion, considering the angle of the wedge constant 

and got 30ms-1

is it correct, coz i had a tough time figuring out that question!!

Abhishekh kumar sharma
34 Points
10 years ago

the sphere touches one side of the room,the floor and the inclined plane at a height of r/5 from the floor,

now find the speed at which the sphere moves up if the speed at which inclined plane moves towards the sphere is 40m/s.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free