a particle of mass m moves in a certian plane due to force f whose magnitude is constant and whose direction rotates with angular velocity w in that plane .at the moment t=0 ,the velocity of particle is equal to 0 .find the distance the particle cover between 2 consecutive points.

a particle of mass m moves in a certian plane due to force f whose magnitude is constant and whose direction rotates with angular velocity w in that plane .at the moment t=0 ,the velocity of particle is equal to 0 .find the distance the particle cover between 2 consecutive points.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Rahul askIITiansExpert.IITR
110 Points
13 years ago
it is very advanced level question which involves coriolis effect. Let me explain that first. See when we try to see objects from a linear frame the newton equations applies as such. But in the case of non inertial frames we have a pseudo force attached to it. it is -ma in most cases when a is the acceleration of the non inertial frame. right?

so in the same way when we encounter problems in which more specifically rotating objects as reference, we have to add a force called fictitious force whose formula is

where  v\, is the velocity of the particle in the rotating system, and Ω is the angular velocity vector which has magnitude equal to the rotation rate ω and is directed along the axis of rotation of the rotating reference frame, and the × symbol represents the cross product operator.

to solve this question take the frame in which force is moving, as the frame of reference. then you would be able to solve the question.

I am not solving for I want an answeer from you.

Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

DO APPROVE IF THE ANSWER HELPS YOU.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rahul- IIT Roorkee

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free