Sir, i`m i great need of a good counsellor`s help.. I am an obc candidate who scored 125 in jee mains and 93.8% (469/500) in cbse board.. Since i did not take any formal coaching for jee that`s why i want to drop an year and prepare again for jee.. However, another thought that comes in mind why to waste an year if i get cs in a good college this year.. Some rank predictors say my rank would be between 50,000-60,000 whereas some predict it to be 10,000-15,000.. This adds to my woes and confusion... Please help me and tell me in which colleges can i get cs.. Or shall i drop.. Decision has to be made soon.. I hope u understand my grievances..

Sir, i`m i great need of a good counsellor`s help.. I am an obc candidate who scored 125 in jee mains and 93.8% (469/500) in cbse board.. Since i did not take any formal coaching for jee that`s why i want to drop an year and prepare again for jee.. However, another thought that comes in mind why to waste an year if i get cs in a good college this year.. Some rank predictors say my rank would be between 50,000-60,000 whereas some predict it to be 10,000-15,000.. This adds to my woes and confusion... Please help me and tell me in which colleges can i get cs.. Or shall i drop.. Decision has to be made soon.. I hope u understand my grievances..

Grade:12

2 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
HI NITIKA
YOUR SCORE IS NOT VERY POOR IN JEE . YOU CAN GET EASILY A NIT. BUT IF YOU ONLY WANT TO DO CS THAN I THINK YOU CAN DROP A YEAR BECAUSE WITH SUCH MARKS YOU CANNOT GET SC.; SO IN THIS CASE YOU CAN PREPARE FOR JEE AGAIN AND IF YOU DO WITH FULL DETERMINATION YOU CAN SCORE 200+ ALSO AND CAN GET A GOOD COLLEGE
Ankit
askIITians Faculty 170 Points
7 years ago
https://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html

Using this rank predictor will give you a probable estimate of your rank, based on previous years scores and cutt-offs.

522-1891_1.PNG522-1792_2.PNG

Now if you want to aim for IITs or better NITs, you can take a year drop for JEE preparation. If you will smartly work hard in a well directed manner, you can surely crack any of the competitive examination and can gain entry into better universities than what you might be getting this year.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free