Dear sir/Mdm, I am new to this web and I wish to know in detailled where to start with for my IIT preparation. I am going to pursue my 11 th grade CBSE in PCM. Many thanks for your advice. Best Regards Shrievarshan

Dear sir/Mdm,
I am new to this web and I wish to know in detailled where to start with for my IIT preparation. I am going to pursue my 11th grade CBSE in PCM.

Many thanks for your advice.

Best Regards 
Shrievarshan 

Grade:11

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
5 years ago

Well, if you are an averagely intelligent student…follow these steps..

1. Join a coaching institute which will provide you sufficient material and tests for good practice. Also, you will get most of your further guidance there.
  2. Start cutting out your leisure time and target for maximum study time. Check out how the portion is proceeding in your institute ( or ask your friend if you haven't joined any ) , and then try to match their pace so that you comfortably cover your portion in time.
  3. Do a lot of solving once you cover the theory of any topic COMPLETELY. These type of exams really need a lot of practice and solving various types of questions will certainly help. You can search for best subject wise books in other answers on quora itself. But generally Cengage and TMH Publication provide complete syllabus in a much better way.
  4. Get a look at previous year papers ( at least 3–4 latest papers ). THIS ONE IS REALLY IMPORTANT
  5. Make short notes for Chemistry and other RATTA topics in Physics . Keep a habit of writing down everything. ( We tend to remember those things well which we have written down ourselves)
  6. Scoring topics in JEE are Modern physics , inorganic chemistry and Coordinate Geometry ( conics ). Master these topics well, if you don't score here in these topics…..well you have a weaker claim to IIT then.
  7. Read the NCERT text thoroughly ( for Chemistry at least ).
  8. Lastly, keep other alternatives open ……there are many other institutes better than some of the IITs / NITs / IIITs …….don’t miss on them , secure them as a backup.
  9. Always be relaxed and avoid panicking. Honest efforts are always rewarded , never forget that !! All the best !

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free