You know that the force ( F ) acting on a current ( I ) carrying conductor of length ( L ) of resistance ( R ) held in a magnetic field ( B ) is given by: F = BIL ( conductor : perpendicular to magnetic field : perpendicular to direction of current ........... as per Fleming's Left Hand Rule ) Now to the important part of the question: Let the mass of the inductor be M. Then the acceleration of the conductor A is given by: A = F / M As soon as the conductor begins to move on account of this force, MOTIONAL EMF ( E ) comes into play, isn't it ???? So induced current ( i ) in the opposite direction of ( I ) { as per Fleming's left hand rule } should be : i = E / R = BLV / R. (Due to acceleration, V is increasing) SO THIS SHOULD OPPOSE THE FORCE F AND HENCE THE MOTION OF THE CONDUCTOR....................................... THEREFORE THE FORCE ON THE CONDUCTOR GRADUALLY DECREASES ON AND ON BUT NEVER BECOMES ZERO. IS THIS TRUE OR FALSE ?????????????? PLEASE EXPLAIN IF FALSE...................

You know that the force ( F ) acting on a current ( I ) carrying conductor of length ( L ) of resistance ( R )  held in a magnetic field ( B ) is given by:

F  =  BIL  ( conductor : perpendicular to magnetic field : perpendicular to direction of current ........... as per Fleming's Left Hand Rule )

Now to the important part of the question:

Let the mass of the inductor be M. Then the acceleration of the conductor A is given by:                                                          A  =  F / M

As soon as the conductor begins to move on account of this force, MOTIONAL EMF ( E ) comes into play, isn't it ???? So induced current ( i ) in the opposite direction of ( I ) { as per Fleming's left hand rule }  should be :                                                    i  =  E / R  =  BLV / R.  (Due to acceleration, V is increasing)

SO THIS SHOULD OPPOSE THE FORCE F AND HENCE THE MOTION OF THE CONDUCTOR....................................... THEREFORE THE FORCE ON THE CONDUCTOR GRADUALLY DECREASES ON AND ON BUT NEVER BECOMES ZERO.

IS THIS TRUE OR FALSE ??????????????
PLEASE EXPLAIN IF FALSE...................       

Grade:upto college level

1 Answers

ROSHAN MUJEEB
askIITians Faculty 833 Points
3 years ago
it is true.perfectly told

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free