Here comes a challenge question, A charge particle having charge q enters a region in which there is a friction force propotional to the speed of the particle. The constant of propotionality of friction is b. The particle stops travelling a distance of 10m, in a straight line. Now, the experiment is repeated, but with magnetic feild of unknown strenght, in a direction perpendicular to entry velocity of the particle. The particle is found to stop at a point 6m from the entry point, then find the strenght of magnetic feild. The magnetic feild is now doubled in magnitude. How far from the point of entry the particle come to rest? ---------------------- nudge me, if you need help understanding the problem. Before you begin attempting the question, let me tell you, that everyone who has done basic concepts of magnetism, can do this problem, but it will involve dirty mathematics, and atleast 1, 1.5 pages of solution. I am expecting a ''smart'' solution from you goiitians...... this question can be done in 4-5 lines only, but for that you have to think real smart.... This question is open to all... students, college going people, experts ... all ...but for the ppl haing board examination.. i advise not to waste time on this.

Here comes a challenge question, 

A charge particle having charge q enters a region in which there is a friction force propotional to the speed of the particle. The constant of propotionality of friction is b. The particle stops travelling a distance of 10m, in a straight line.

Now, the experiment is repeated, but with magnetic feild of unknown strenght, in a direction perpendicular to entry velocity of the particle. The particle is found to stop at a point 6m from the entry point, then find the strenght of magnetic feild.

The magnetic feild is now doubled in magnitude. How far from the point of entry the particle come to rest?

----------------------

nudge me, if you need help understanding the problem. Before you begin attempting the question, let me tell you, that everyone who has done basic concepts of magnetism, can do this problem, but it will involve dirty mathematics, and atleast 1, 1.5 pages of solution.

I am expecting a ''smart'' solution from you goiitians...... this question can be done in 4-5 lines only, but for that you have to think real smart....

This question is open to all... students, college going people, experts ... all ...but for the ppl haing board examination.. i advise not to waste time on this.

Grade:9

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free