The correct order of ionisation energy of F,F-,Cl,Cl- is? (please response)

The correct order of ionisation energy of  F,F-,Cl,Cl- is? (please response)

Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Suyash mehta
28 Points
7 years ago
pooja its correct answer is f>cl>cl->f- this is becozz EA(electron enthalpy) of cl =IP(ionisation energy) of cl- and EA of f=IP of f- and as we know EA of cl>EA of f so therefore IP of cl->IP of f- and also cl+electron gives cl- +energy(GREATER), f +electron gives f- + energy(less)
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ pooja 
the correct order should be 
F > Cl > Cl-  > F- 
this is beacuse the ionisation energy of the cations are always greater than that of the anions .. 
and also the electron gain enthalpy of cations are also larger than that of anions . 
so, u need to arrenge the cations with +ve charge first in descending order and then the anions with less negative charge first .. 
HOPE YOUR DOUBT CLEARED 
REGARDS 
UMAKANT 
ABHIJEET KUMAR
13 Points
6 years ago
F>Cl>Cl->F- this is correct answer order of ionisation energy bhhgccjhffhjb the you from Biharhere you so like look you from Biharhere I want you from Biharhere my Photo my best friend my best friend Anshu my dear friend Anshu you
Shg
13 Points
2 years ago
Fluorine has its valence electrons in 2p orbital while chlorine has 3p so there is more atomic force of attraction in fluorine than chlorine, therefore, the ionisation potential of fluorine is more than chlorine. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free