Hello, Can you give me tips or some technique to study p,d,f block elements. I am trying to read and study the chapters but before even reaching half of it I get bored and I am not able to study the whole chapters. However this is not the case with other topics in chemistry PLEASE HELP...............

Hello,

Can you give me tips or some technique to study p,d,f block elements.

I am trying to read and study the chapters but before even reaching half of it I get bored and I am not able to study the whole chapters.

However this is not the case with other topics in chemistry

PLEASE HELP...............

Grade:upto college level

2 Answers

BAYANA SAGAR
48 Points
11 years ago

P-BLOCK GROUP ELEMENTS:                   

the p block elements are belong to group 13 to 18.the outermost electronic configuration is ns2 np1 to ns2 np6.these are called representative elements.it possess high electron gain enthalpy or electronegativity. 

Properties:1)they possess high electronegativity.

2)All p-block elements are metalloids or non metalloids.

3)They also share electrons to form covalent bonds.

4)18th group elements are noble gases.it is more stable due to the presence of octet configuration in outermost configuration.                        

D-BLOCK GROUP ELEMENTS:

D block elements are present between the s-block elements and p-block elements.the general electronic configuration is n-1)d1-10.

PROPERTIES:1)they are hard and heavy metals.

2)they mostly formed coloured ions

Roshan Mohanty
64 Points
11 years ago

Do 1 thing . .  .after u study 1 part try solving a couple of questions on those. . .this way u will be occupied and will not get bored . .

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free