sir i want to study at iit bombay but i also have some interest for cse. my predicted rank is 330. i may get mech at iit b but cse at iit kgp or kanpur. according to u how shud igo ahead?

sir i want to study at iit bombay but i also have some interest for cse. my predicted rank is 330. i may get mech at iit b but cse at iit kgp or kanpur. according to u how shud igo ahead?

Grade:

2 Answers

Jitender Singh IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 158 Points
9 years ago
Hi Asket,
If you really have interest in CSE, I would suggest you to take CSE at IIT Kharagpur. But if you do not special interest in any branch, then you should take ME at IIT Bombay. You would have the opportunity to change the branch at IIT Bombay if you get CGPA>= 9.0 at the end of 1styear. Think about it & make a reasonable choice.
Good Luck!
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
Vineet Vinayak
22 Points
9 years ago
Branch should get more importance than institute. You may have some reasons for liking bombay, but to tell you the truth, all IITs have an amazing CS branch. IIIT Hyderabad is also amazing for CS. If you love CS, go to KGP or KNP. If you love bombay from your heart and don’t want cse then go for bombay. If you want a cool life after this, go for CS, for it will be very light and gives good placements! All the best!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free