Sir I have got 232 in JEE mains & CBSE 96.2% ,my expected score in JEE advanced is 180 ..and my BITSAT score is 355 ...should I go for BITS pilani ( prefer EEE) or do I go for NIT ...also do I have any chance in IIT bhu ? Please advise I am confused ...

Sir I have got 232 in JEE mains & CBSE  96.2% ,my expected score in JEE advanced is 180 ..and my BITSAT score is 355 ...should I go for BITS pilani ( prefer EEE) or do I  go for NIT  ...also do I have any chance in IIT bhu ? Please advise I am confused ...

Grade:12

2 Answers

Jitender Singh IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 158 Points
9 years ago
Hi Siddharth,
Based on your score in JEE Advanced, you have a very little chance of getting EE/ME at IIT BHU. You can easily get any of the two branch at BITS Pilani. If you wanna do Electrical, then i suggest you should first look for NIT Surthkal, Trichy & warangle.
Good Luck!
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
Vineet Vinayak
22 Points
9 years ago
Look at location also. If you’re a north indian, BITS Pilani would be a better choice (although that’s not always true.....I am a north Indian too but I took ECE at NIT Trichy and I am very happy here!). If you’re a southie, prefer to go to the NITs, else you may feel home sickness. If that isn’t your concern, you could consider going to BITS Pilani over the NITs, if you get the branch of your choice in both places. I suggest it because they have a slight edge in brand name, infrastructure and faculty. Being private, it may be costly, but if that is fine, go for BITS. However I still tell you that I’m very happy with what NIT Trichy has to offer, especially to CS and ECE students. If you don’t get the branch of your choice in BITS, and are getting it in the NITs, please don’t go to BITS, go to the NITs (NITT=NITW>NITK). Hope this solved your doubt. If you are really interested in engineering, any good institute will be good enough for you. Best of Luck.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free