Hello my son got 118 rank in JEE Advance 2015 we are confused for branch selection our preference is IIT Bombay or Delh CSE. Pls advise aand how is dual degree in CSE IIT delhi compared to doing Btech CSE from IIT Madras

Hello my son got 118 rank in JEE Advance 2015 we are confused for branch selection our preference is IIT Bombay or Delh CSE. Pls advise aand how is dual degree in CSE  IIT delhi compared to doing Btech CSE from IIT Madras

Grade:Select Grade

3 Answers

Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
Many congratulation to you and your son sir. CSE anywhere is good. It would be irrelevant of the IIT B,D,M . Also I would suggest IIT Bombay over other two as it has an edge over being in the corporate/finacial city.
Placement oppurtunities are minutely better there.
Dual degree would not be important if your son wants to pursue higher studies like PhD etc. To get a good PhD oppurtunity you need to do it from USA and there he would be asked to do Masters again.
But if he want to just settle for a job(which I strongly suggest not to) He can do dual degree course.
Nandakishore Mehta
23 Points
8 years ago
Sir at this rank of 118 he will not get IIT mumbai or delhi in Gen category as per last two year cut off. As his choice is IIT Mumbai which is other field mechanical or electrical and this branch he can get in IIT mumbai. But trend is CSE considering good placement we have choice of IIT madras Kanpur and kharagour which he can get CSE easily at 118 rank 
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
To my mind you should go for any reputed college to get CSE degree done as every reputed college is mad afer quality these days, so it does not make much difference from where one gets it but yes one thing matters a lot what are the future prospects..so without much thinking go for any of these – Guru Jambeshwar Uni of Sci and Tech, Hisar,.........College of Eng, Trivandrum,...........Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,.........Bhilai Inst of Tech, Raipur

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free