Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A spider is hanging by means of its own silk thread directly above a transparent fixed sphere of r = 20cm .... the refractive index of material of sphere is root(2).... and height of the spider is 2r = 40cm .... an insect initially sitting at the bottom directly below the spider starts crawling along vertical circular path with constant speed pi/4 cm/s.. for how long will the insct be invisible to the spider. Assume that it crawls once around the circle . ans is 80s .....

Grade:11

2 Answers

Shivam Bhagat
22 Points
8 years ago

Spider is able to see only half of the sphere which is topmost hemispherical surface.

when insect enters in bottom hemispherical surface it becomes invisible for the spider.

a/c question insect is travelling vertical circular path it travels pi/4cm in 1sec.

then it will travel 2pi r dist i.e. 40picm in 160sec. hence it will travel pi r i.e20pi (half circle) in 80s.

bhaveen kumar
38 Points
8 years ago

Spider is able to see only half of the sphere which is topmost hemispherical surface. when insct enters in bottom hemispherical surface it becomes invisible for the spider. a/c question insct is travelling vertical circular path it travels pi/4cm in 1sec.then it will travel 2pi r dist i.e. 40picm in 160sec. hence it will travel pi r i.e20pi (half circle) in 80s.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free