I am in Class 9 and would like to start IIT foundation preperation. When is the right time to start reading Concepts Of Physics - 1,Verma HC. Can I start it in CBSE class 9 or I have to wait for some more years? Please suggest. Also suggest any other good Physics/Science book for IIT foundation preperation appropriate for Class 9 _ Haribabu

I am in Class 9 and would like to start IIT foundation preperation. When is the right time to start reading Concepts Of Physics - 1,Verma HC. Can I start it in CBSE class 9 or I have to wait for some more years? Please suggest.

Also suggest any other good Physics/Science book for IIT foundation preperation appropriate for Class 9

_ Haribabu

Grade:

2 Answers

Sudheesh Singanamalla
114 Points
13 years ago

Dear Haribabu,

Firstly in class 9 ,study the normal NCERT syllabus or state syllabus thoroughly.

A good time to start with IIT-JEE prepartation is in class XI.

it is good to be strong with basics first until class X.

You can start H.C.Verma after class X

Amitabh Shrivastava
32 Points
13 years ago

You are in IX standard most people start to prepare for IIT from XI class but the sooner the better. I myself started doing HCV in IX class and have always been proud of that decision. IX class syllabus is very less and you can easily give some time for extra studies but beware if you go on without a tutor you will soon be frustrated. First find yourself a good tutor and then only start doing HCV.

Best of luck

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free