im from andhra,,,i wrote state boaed xams in 2012....right now im doing long term...i gav betterment xam last year...and iam i eligible for bits 2013..i heard tat bits ppl sent a letter andhra govt tat they will accept the betterment marks for andhra students...(betterment was conducted for students only tat year in andhra)..how far this is true?

im from andhra,,,i wrote state boaed xams in 2012....right now im doing long term...i gav betterment xam last year...and iam i eligible for bits 2013..i heard tat bits ppl sent a letter andhra govt tat they will accept the betterment marks for andhra students...(betterment was conducted for students only tat year in andhra)..how far this is true?

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear 143225 k,

Yes ofcourse it is true. BITS had stated that they would taking the betterment marks of students in the board exams for him/her to cross the 80% aggregate in PCM subjects. But here is the condition that BITS lays for the students to follow,

BITSAT-2013 Eligibility Criteria :

If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM only, you are not eligible. 

You are eligible for BITSAT-2013,if you have written all the papers in your betterment exam and have crossed 80% aggregate in the PCM subjects.

Hope this helped you immensely...!!

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ..!!

Best Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below..!!Smile

143225 k
18 Points
11 years ago

thanks for the reply...but in andhra betterment was conducted only in 2012......1/4 of state students failed in physics and govt conducted betterment and they said u can improve ur marks and it wont be considered as a supplemetary....

firtst bits ppl  deneid our betterment certificates and i heard that some people went to court saying that the govrment had accepted the marks and bits has to accept the betterment marks and later bits ppl sent a letter to goverment  saying that they willo consider the memo marks...

how far this is true???

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free