Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Which of the following gives the charge of an electron?

Which of the following gives the charge of an electron?

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Verma Saketwala
16 Points
4 years ago
The correct answer is #3.Charge and Mass of the Electron 2 v = 2V ⋅ e me       1 2 (I-3) The moving electrons strike and ionize the Ne atoms which give off light when they recombine, producing a visible beam along the electron track. The sphere is placed in a region where a magnetic field, B, is produced by a current in two coils of wire. B is applied perpendicular to the velocity vector of the electrons resulting in a magnetic force: F = ev × B (I-4) The force is perpendicular to both the velocity and the magnetic field vectors and produces an acceleration a, whose magnitude is given by: |a|= |F| me = v 2 r (I-5) where r is the radius of the circular path of the electron. (Recall that such a force is called a centripetal force and the corresponding acceleration a centripetal acceleration with both vectors directed toward the center of the circle.) Therefore: me v 2 r = e ⋅v ⋅B (I-6) which yields: e me = v B⋅r (I-7) Substituting for v from Eq. 3, we obtain: e me = 1 B⋅r 2V ⋅e me       1 2 (I-8) which simplifies to: e me = 2V ( ) B⋅r 2 (I-9) This equation is correct IF V and B are both constant in space and time so that all the electrons have the same velocity v, and follow the same circular path of radius r. V is applied between two conducting equipotential surfaces by a stable power supply and is therefore well defined. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free